The Chicago International Film Festival’s Junior Board is a diverse group of enthusiastic professionals dedicated to promoting the mission of Cinema/Chicago and to heightening interest in international cinema across a broad demographic.
The Junior Board assists in fundraising to support Cinema/Chicago’s Education Outreach Program, which fosters media literacy and multi-cultural understanding by bringing international film to Chicago Public School students, training Chicago educators, and encouraging youth filmmakers in their creative endeavors.
Founded in 1989, the Junior Board has hosted events that have become highlights of the Festival's year-round programs.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Pay homage to your favorite film or scene from a film by recreating it...in 60 seconds or less. Capture the work of Scorsese, Spielberg, Fincher or that French filmmaker none of your friends have ever heard about.
Officially-selected films will premiere at the Junior Board's Spring Fundraiser on Monday, April 30 at the Vertigo Sky Lounge at the Dana Hotel and Spa (2 W. Erie) - where the audience decides who re-did it best. The winning film will be screened at Junior Board Night at the 48th Chicago International Film Festival.
Purchase your tickets to the Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular here.
Rules & Regulations
1. Film submissions to the Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular should be a personal version of a film. Entries may recreate a single scene or condense the entire narrative of the chosen film.
2. Entries may not exceed 60 seconds. Any film over 60 seconds will not be viewed or considered for screening or competition.
3. Entries may not include footage from the original film or other copyrighted materials, and may not include more than 30 seconds of copyrighted music.
4. Films must be submitted on a playable DVD. Do not send film prints, master tapes, or other originals.
5. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
6. Please submit a typed or clearly printed entry form along with the submission. The Chicago International Film Festival is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards if the entry form is incorrect or illegible.
7. Entries eligible for competition must be received by April 13, 2012.
8. The cost of shipping an entry to the Spectacular must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted.
9. There is no entry fee for submission.
Submissions should be sent to:
Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular
30 East Adams Street, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60603
Judging & Selection
Films selected for presentation at The Reely Teeny Weeny Spectacular are chosen by the Chicago International Film Festival Junior Board. If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email provided on entry form.
All entrants will be notified on or before April 16, 2012.
Event & Prizes
The Reely Teeny Weeny Spectacular will be held on April 30, 2012 at Vertigo Sky Lounge at the Dana Hotel and Spa.
Winning films will be voted on by attendees at the Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular event. The winner of The Reely Teeny Weeny Spectacular will have their film shown before the Junior Board Night film screening at the 48th Chicago International Film Festival*, as well as additional prizes TBA.
*The winning film is not an official selection of the Chicago International Film Festival nor does the film’s director receive Festival benefits or accreditation.
2012 Junior Board Members:
Rebecca Fons - Education Program Manager, Cinema/Chicago
Conor Gee (Junior Board Marketing/PR Manager) - Marketing, Elmhurst Memorial
Tyler James Greene - Membership, WBEZ 91.5 FM/StorySlam Producer, The Moth
Marcella Hein - Corporate Counsel, West Monroe Partners
Katie Herbstritt - Compliance, Interactive Brokers LLC
Lori Jernberg (Junior Board Event Coordinator)
Ashley Loquercio - Executive Producer, Crankstrap Productions
Kim McLean - Nurse Care Manager, Blue Cross Blue Shield
Lindsey Pruett-Smith (Junior Board Secretary) - Frontera Grill
Brian Shields (Junior Board Co-President)
Hanna Soltys (Junior Board Co-President) - Copywriter, Marketing Werks
Vivian Teng - Managing Director, Cinema/Chicago
Seth Unger - Gensler
Maury Vanden Eykel - Analyst, Eastdil Secured
For more information about the Junior Board, please email Cinema/Chicago Junior Board liaison Rebecca Fons at email@example.com